Accurate and timely test results are the basis on which many important decisions are made.
The provision of reliable and timely information is critical in the modern testing laboratory environment. It is vital that well documented quality management systems and validated testing procedures are effectively implemented and the laboratory is operated by well-trained and competent staff.
This three-day course is particularly suited for staff new to a laboratory environment. It gives participants guidance and training in the skills needed to develop and implement an effective laboratory quality management system. The course is based on NZS ISO/IEC 17025:2017, the standard used for accrediting laboratories in New Zealand.
Upon completion of the course you will have gained knowledge and an understanding of:
- Quality management concepts and culture The elements of NZS ISO/IEC 17025
- The development & the role of international standards
- Method selection and validation
- Selection, training and supervision of staff
- Equipment management and calibration
- Analytical variation and the uncertainty of measurement
- Test records and reports
- The accreditation process including signatory approval
- The development, documentation and implementation of quality systems.
The course is presented by senior International Accreditation New Zealand staff, each with a laboratory background and a detailed knowledge of the implementation of quality management systems in the laboratory setting. The presentation style includes the frequent use of real laboratory example situations to illustrate key points and a number of group exercises to reinforce the practical application of the subject material.
The number of participants for each course is restricted to ensure a trainer / student ratio that will facilitate effective training outcomes.
Participating in a course
To confirm your place, please add the number of people you want to book, then progress by clicking register online. As soon as we receive your registration form we'll send you an acknowledgment letter.
Course fees include
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea (depending on course times)
- All course notes and take-home reference materials
- Instructions on how to download a copy of NZS ISO/IEC 17025 to bring to the course.This will be sent with your confirmation details.
ALL Prices EXCLUDE GST