* All prices EXCLUDE GST
New International Health and Safety standard, ISO45001
This interactive course will update participants on current Health & Safety legislation so you can help your organisation to achieve Due Diligence. Attendees will also learn the latest information on injury and fatality rates and workplace safety prosecution trends across NZ and Australia.
We will introduce trainees to AS/NZS ISO 45001, the new Safety Management System Standard that was released in late 2018, discussing the additional requirements now expected of organisation’s Safety Management Systems. ISO 45001, was introduced in March 2018 as the first international health and safety at work standard to be issued. By October 2018, it had been adopted in NZ and Australia as the Safety Management System Standard, replacing both BS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801.
This course is designed for both Safety Management System Developers / Implementers and Auditors as we will consider the new standard from both perspectives. From an implementation perspective, we will compare AS/NZS 4801: 2001 to AS/NZS ISO 45001: 2018, identifying new requirements and we will workshop how your organisation can meet these requirements. We will analyse the greater safety leadership demands on top management and increased worker safety participation.
From an audit perspective, we will develop an Audit Tool for part of AS/NZS ISO 45001. We will later use this Audit Tool as one of the assessments of the course so participants can demonstrate their auditing ability.
- update on current Health & Safety legislation / Due Diligence requirements
- learn latest injury and fatality rates
- understand workplace safety prosecution trends across NZ and Australia
- know the AS/NZS ISO 45001 Safety Management System Standard structure and elements
- identify new requirements for Safety Management Systems
- create and use a partial AS/NZS ISO 45001 Safety Management System Audit Tool
- Company Officers (Owners, Directors and Senior Management) needing to know their legislative Due Diligence requirements
- Human Resources Managers aiming to assist their organisations to meet their Health and Safety requirements
- Health & Safety Professionals working on implementing an effective Safety Management System
- Auditors that conduct or would like to conduct Safety Audits
Minerva Consulting Group has been providing safety services to public and private sector organisations for over 30 years. They are highly respected in the Safety Auditing field and their client list includes many of the most well-known organisations in Australasia. Their Managing Director, Scott Cornwell is an experienced Safety Professional who has been auditing and training for many years. He is an Exemplar Global certified Lead OHS Auditor and Certificate IV Trainer/Assessor having completed hundreds of safety audits and training courses.
Participating in a course
To confirm your place, please add the number of people you want to book, then progress by clicking 'register'. As soon as we receive your registration form we'll send you an acknowledgment letter.
Course fees include
• Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea (depending on course times)
• All course notes and take-home reference materials
ALL Prices EXCLUDE GST