* All prices EXCLUDE GST
An Introduction to the Basics of PCR for the Testing Lab Analyst
• Basic theory of Nucleic Acids
• Basic theory of PCR
• Types of PCR and their application, including:
- DNA as a template
- RNA as a template
- end point PCR
- real-time PCR, and
- digital PCR
• The components of a PCR reaction
• Optimising a PCR, aka ‘101 ways to do PCR’.
• Trouble shooting PCR results
• PCR in the testing lab, including:
- the testing environment
- sample receipt, handling and preparation,
- reaction set-up,
- reaction disposal,
- data analysis.
This course is presented by Dr Ellen Podivinsky.
Ellen has worked as a IANZ technical assessor and has contributed extensively in the teaching and application of PCR.